In collaboration with Polignano Made in Love
For all bookings or enquiries contact us at
The Ape 'Tuk Tuk' Experience
An exciting and fun way to do a day trip of Polignano a Mare – An Ape (or Bee) is a 3-wheeled commercial vehicle manufactured by the producers of the Vespa and is usually used by the local farmers to travel down the narrow country lanes.
They are highly practical but the motor sounds like a high-pitched bee buzzing through the countryside!
Five Tours available by the Ape
Countryside – Coastal Route – Conversano Culture – Farm Experience - Wine Experience
The Countryside by Ape
- you can see the countryside of Polignano driving through the olive orchards, passing the elegant masseria and small churches spread throughout.
Take in an olive oil tasting at the end of the tour. Great fun also for young children. The entire trip takes around 2 hours and 30 minutes.
The Coast by Ape
- Or try the Ape ride along the coast visiting fishing ports, bays and inlets – Allow one hour for this trip.
The Conversano Culture Trip by Ape
- Taking in the rural route along the ‘ancient Norba’ from San Vito to Conversano, following twisted and narrow medieval streets with stops at the Norman Castle, the Monastery of St. Benedict, and Acheological Museum.
The Wine Experience by Ape
- When in Puglia, you must take in a wine tasting experience, and what could be more original than by Ape. This trip is concentrated around San Vito which takes in the beauty of the Saracen Tower and the Benedictine Abbey along route.
Wine tasting can be very time consuming so best to allow a round trip time of around 3 hours.
The Farm Experience by Ape
- allows you to discover the wines and the olive oil together. The visit includes an old fortified farmhouse, in a 7 hectares olive grove.
After having been guided through the traditions of the farmer’s lifestyle, you’ll be able to taste the fruits of his labour -wine and olive oil tasting. Allow for a 3 - hour round trip.
All enquiries to → email@example.com