COVID-19 Information & Links
Before arriving in the region of Puglia, Italy, you may be required to be tested for COVID-19. Travel and Movement recommendations can be read on the following website – salute.gov.it
It is advised to read carefully the information periodically and close to the time of travel, as the guidelines are updated regularly in accordance with the most recent decrees published by the Italian government.
Before travelling to the Puglia region you will be required to complete a form and send it by email to the ASL office in the area where you are staying. You will also be required to keep details of where and whom you have been in contact with for a thirty-day period.
Details of the module/form to be completed can be found here and related instructions.
Guidance for guests who develop COVID-19 symptoms
What are the symptoms?
Covid-19 symptoms differ between people and some people are asymptomatic. General symptoms are fever, cough, sore throat, weakness, fatigue and muscle pain. More severe symptoms are pneumonia, acute respiratory distress syndrome, sepsis and septic shock.
- Fever or chills – 37.5°C is the normal temperature
- Dry cough
- Breathing difficulties
- Loss of taste or smell
- Nasal congestion
- Sore throat
- Diarrhea (mostly in children)
If you suspect you have COVID-19 or know you have been in contact with another person who has COVID-19 virus, you must:
- stay at home and do not travel to an emergency room or doctor’s surgery.
- call the emergency number 112/118 ONLY if your symptoms get worse.
- call 800 713 931 or from abroad or foreign mobile +39 080 337 3398.
- you will be advised by the authorities what to do.
- you may be required to go to a test centre for a ‘tampone’ or COVID test.
- you and your family will be required to quarantine if you test positive for COVID-19 until such time as you all test negative or a period of 3 weeks has passed.
In such case that you contract the virus whilst you are vacationing in one of our holiday properties, please advise our staff and we will provide shopping or other services, as you will not be able to leave the property for any reason whatsoever during the quarantine period.
thelocal.it – Italian news in English
sanita.puglia.it – Puglia Health Online Information
salute.gov.it – Health Ministry - for up-to-date information on the news with regards travel in Italy
gov.uk/foreign-travel-advice/Italy – UK information on Italy travel.
it.usembassy.gov – for up-to-date information on travel from non-European countries
smartraveller.gov.au/destinations/europe/Italy – for travel advice from Australia
ec.europa.eu – for travel advice in Europe